The Crested Butte Wildflower Festival is seeking event leaders for our 2022 Festival!
The event leader will guide up to 20 Wildflower Festival participants on an informative wildflower identification tour or garden tour.
The ideal candidate will have a basic knowledge of native/garden flowers, familiarity with Woods Walk/Lower Loop and Brush Creek trails, and is someone who loves being outdoors and sharing their experiences with others. Opportunity to lead multiple events in 2022 and apprentice to lead longer/additional events during future Wildflower Festivals.
- Meeting event participants at Festival headquarters, checking in participants and collecting liability release waivers, and escorting them to event start location (trailhead/garden).
- Leading event participants on a 2+ hour informative Wildflower Identification Tour, Wildflower Hike, or Tour of Crested Butte Gardens
- Escorting group back to Festival headquarters
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Passion for recreation, wildflowers, and experience leading groups of people in a wilderness setting
- Must hold or be willing to obtain First Aid/CPR certification prior to July 1, 2022
- Willingness to obtain additional training in wildflower identification as needed
- Compensation: $50-$200 per event
If you are interested in this position please submit a letter of interest and qualifications to email@example.com or call 970-349-2571 with questions.