CRESTED BUTTE WILDFLOWER FESTIVAL
Festival Assistant (Part Time)
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director & Director, this 40-hour, hands-on internship will run from July 3-14. Intern will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the festival in the days leading up to and through the festival.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Customer Service (approx. 20 hours):
- Assist the Customer Service Specialist in answering inquiries and processing registrations via phone/email/in-person.
- Assist Festival guests and instructors to help ensure programs run as smoothly as possible.
- Take pictures in and around festival for our photo library.
Merchandising (approx. 10 hours):
- Assist in setting up the Blossom Boutique.
- Manage inventory of the Blossom Boutique during the Festival.
- Assist customers of the boutique with locating items, payment, gift wrapping purchases and answering any questions.
Misc. Festival Duties:
- Assist with Festival set-up and take down.
- Assist with special projects (i.e. Farmer’s Market, Member Appreciation Party)
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status at Western State Colorado University with a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Experience with retail, administration, and communications preferred with a track record of excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to jump in and take the lead on projects as needed.
- First Aid and CPR Certified (or willingness to take the course in June)
- $500 stipend (approx. $12.50/hour)
- Additional income available by leading ID hikes and Garden Tours ($50/event)
- Possibility of credit hours through Western State Colorado University
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970)349-2571 with any questions.