Under the supervision of the Assistant Director & Director, this 120-hour, hands-on internship will run from June 17- July 26. Intern will be responsible for assisting with customer care and registration prior to Festival, the day-to-day operations of the Festival in the days leading up to and through the Festival, as well as the training and supervision of other Festival Assistants, volunteers and Board Member of the Day. Intern must be able to work in accordance with the following schedule:
|Lead Festival Assistant
||June 17-July 26
||10 hours/ week
||80 hours July 6-19
||10 hours – week after Festival
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing and delegating tasks to other Festival Interns, Volunteers and Board Members
- Assist the Customer Service Specialist in answering inquiries and processing registrations via phone/email/in-person.
- Assist Festival guests and instructors to help ensure programs run as smoothly as possible.
- Take pictures in and around festival for our photo library.
- Assist in setting up the Blossom Boutique.
- Manage inventory of the Blossom Boutique during the Festival.
- Assist customers of the boutique with locating items, payment, gift wrapping purchases and answering any questions.
Misc. Festival Duties:
- Assist with Festival set-up and take down.
- Assist with special projects (i.e. Farmers Market, Member Appreciation Party)
- Junior, or Senior status at Western State Colorado University with a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Experience with retail, administration, and communications preferred with a track record of excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to jump in and take the lead on projects as needed.
- First Aid and CPR Certified (or willingness to take the course in June)
- $1500 stipend (approx. $12.50/hour)
- Additional income available by leading ID hikes and Garden Tours ($50/event)
- Possibility of credit hours through Western State Colorado University
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.